Thursday, November 10, 2016

Batman: The Killing Joke

1. I was very surprised by the explicit graphic in the comic. I don't really read that many Batman novels usually, but this one kind of gave me a glimpse of his relationship with the joker. I kind of had sympathy for joker's character at the beginning of the story and obviously the audience can see somewhat of how joker evolved and that he is a psycho lunatic. The whole time I did realize that the whole story was based around Joker's joke to Batman. My final reaction after reading this was as a writer, I felt that this was a well structured story.

2. The connections I made with the story was that Joker was trying to prove a point to everyone that not only that he is funny, but that he wants to be taken serious. I felt sorry for him at the beginning, but throughout the story I think that he was mentally getting carried away. The main connection was the joke and how he wanted it to be understood. The audience understands the joke at the end in connection of his conflicts in the beginning, even though it wasn't really that funny.


3. The story was well structured, but I think if it was redone, a suggestion would be to make the story more interesting from jokers point of view. It is understood that this is Batman's point of view, but you want the audience to root for your main character.

No comments:

Post a Comment